Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Bachelor, Week 5

First, thank you Chris Harrison for not wearing the same outfit this week in a different color. However, I did wonder if maybe that was just because he didn't have time to get dressed at the beginning of the episode and instead, threw on a pair of jeans with his pajama top. C'mon Chris! Second, I LOVE the dress that Shawntal picked out on her shopping spree extravaganza. If anyone knows where I could find a fake Fendi dress like that for normal person prices, please let me know. I'm going to a wedding this spring and I would love to wear that dress!

Honestly, this whole episode I kept thinking, "What to say...what to say." Most of the girls have definitely already flared their crazy sides, but I gotta say that they are holding their own pretty well. Even Michelle is keeping Brad in her crazy circle pretty well. Who knows why. I guess I could analyze Shawntal's profession and how weird it seems that she is so passionate about dead people. But, I actually thought it was kind of endearing...creepy though it may be.

But what about the situation with Emily? To me, she seems like the most mature woman in the group and the one woman who Brad seems to pursue the most. I think that she is definitely handling the whole situation well, but she also still has quite an attachment to her late fiance. Obviously, Emily had a very strong and beautiful relationship with her first love and that is hard to let go of. Even after six years. I truly hope that Emily can build Brad up enough to let him know that while her fiance will always be a part of who she is, that Brad can also be an important piece of her life. And I hope that Brad is able to understand that aspect of Emily. If I were a couples counselor for the two of them, I would encourage Brad to allow Emily to continue to grieve the loss of that relationship so that she might move forward with him. And I would encourage Emily to find ways to remind Brad of how much he means to her and how he has his own special place in her heart, regardless of her past. If Emily doesn't build Brad up and if Brad has a tough time continuing to allow Emily to process through her past relationship to move forward with him, then it would be really tough for the two of them to make it beyond the romance of the show.

I also have to say that I felt badly for Ashley S. It broke my heart a little to hear her say that she felt as though there wasn't any fight in her anymore. I know what that feels like for sure! From the little information that we know about her, it does seem like she has been through it in her life lately. I also felt badly because from the perspective that the show gave us, it seemed as though Ashley S thinks that she always has to work so hard in relationships. I can also relate to this statement as I always feel as though I have to work hard in relationships as well. Or maybe I just haven't met the right guy yet who will work in our relationship on his own without much prompting from me. Either way, I hope that Ashley S finds someone who lets her know that there isn't anything wrong with her and that when it is truly right, that he won't let her work hard to get his attention because she'll already have it.

Well, I guess that's all from me this week. Besides the drama with Emily and the two-on-one date, it was kind of a boring episode I thought. Hopefully next week will bring some good stuff as Chris Harrison billed it as "the most dramatic Bachelor season ever." Of course, aren't they all the most dramatic season ever? :-)

Have a great week and stay warm and dry out of winter weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment