Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

The Bachelor, Week 1

Ok...so today begins the first week of the new season of The Bachelor featuring Brad Womack who is back for his second round as the lucky man of the hour. I unashamedly LOVE this show. Who doesn't want to see 30 (that's right...there are 30 this season!) women fight over the same man and yet pretend to be friends when he's not around? :-)

Anyway, I thought about including my thoughts on The Bachelor each week in my blog. But so many people do that already and I don't want to to compete. My favorite of which is written by a girl named Lincee on her site www.ihategreenbeans.com. If you love the show, this blog will make you laugh. If you hate the show and have never watched, I still think it will make you laugh, so check it out! Then, I thought maybe on this blog I would conduct my own version of Fantasy Bachelor, the game a few of my friends and I came up with a few years ago as a girl alternative to Fantasy Football. I still may do a version of this as I like picking who I think will be picked in the end, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how much work that might be to organize and keep up. Then, while discussing these options with my friend Carrie last night, I joked that I could psychoanalyze the girls on the show. She said, "Yes! I want to see some 5-axis diagnoses." Hmmmmm...an idea was born.

So, I'm not quite sure how this will work but I am going to try to combine my love of psychology and counseling with my love of The Bachelor. Each week, I will pick one girl still on the show to analyze from a counseling perspective. Possibly, there will be diagnoses. Or maybe I will just suggest some Gestalt counseling exercises that could help with the process of many women dating just one man. The possibilities are endless!

A quick disclaimer: I want to put out there that I mean none of the girls harm or ill-will and I am sure that they are all perfectly lovely women to their friends, families, and loved ones. I just want to combine two things that I love and see what we can come up with. Also, I am perfectly aware that any diagnosis I may present is probably not clinically correct and in no way do I mean to say that the girls I analyze definitively fit my analysis. It is just an experiment.

For this first episode, it was hard to truly pick any of the girls since there is so little time with each of them. However, I do see that there is a lot of potential this season. The most notable being Madisen, the 25 year old who is a vampire. Well, at least she thinks she is since she has vampire crowns over two of her teeth. Yikes. Also some very catty girls it seems as well as some clingy ones. So, let me know what you think and next week, let the cyber-entertainment-counseling process begin.

Finally, my pick for this season is Emily, the young Southern Belle mom. Even if she doesn't end up with Brad at the end, she is already my favorite as she actually seems real, down to earth, and more mature than most of the other women in the house. So...we will see!

Have a great night everyone!

4 comments:

  1. As you may remember, I am a fan of this show too. I can't wait to hear what you have to say. This could make for some good conversation. I would also appreciate your input on any possible plastic surgery the ladies may have had. I can't say I for or against it, I just noticed very few "natural" looking women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what you come up with when it's time to psycho-analyze Madison. That'll be a doozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Ruth, I think Madison will be my first one but from the previews it seems that there may be some fierce competition! And Meghan, that is a GREAT idea! I'm sure it will play into my analysis of each woman. I'm not sure where I stand on it either, but it does say something about who the person is. So glad you're reading! Pass it along and use it for conversation whenever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh.... i am soo mad i missed the first episode...how could this have happened to me?!?!?!? i simply don't believe that i let this happen! thankfully they are re-running the episode this saturday and i already have it dvr'd!
    so glad you are blogging! : )

    ReplyDelete