Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

working girl

So much can change in the short time span of a week! A week ago I was feeling completely lost in the whole job hunt thing. Today, I have a week of work under my belt at my new job as a Site Coordinator with Bridge Family Centers in West Hartford. I also had an interview with the Cromwell Children's Home on Friday for another part time position that could possibly supplement my other position. Plus, I would still be able to work the occasional shift with J.Crew. Whew! God can be so immediately faithful sometimes! I know that God is always faithful, but I am just so blown away with how immediately He has shown His faithfulness in these prayers. Just when I thought all hope was lost, all of a sudden my working life seems to pull together in ways I didn't imagine were possible.

I am really enjoying my job with the after-school program. The kids are excited to be there and seem to be having a great time with the program. I am excited to continue to get to know them better as the weeks progress. I am also enjoying my co-workers. There are two after-school programs run by the same organization at two different schools. My school began their program this week and the other school will begin theirs next week. For our first week, two of the people from the other program came to help us out, which I am very grateful for! However, I am also sad that I won't be working with them on a consistent basis as I really enjoyed their involvement with the kids.

I directly work with two group leaders at my school for the remainder of the school year. One woman I work with is a Russian woman who has raised her own kids and has been involved in after-school programs for a while. She is very interesting and I'm excited to get to know her better. The other guy who will be working with us will start on Tuesday and he is Ghanaian. He speaks three languages fluently and has basic skills in another language. Besides English, I have never even heard of the other three languages as they are African dialects. We are quite the international team!

Even as a part-time position, it feels great to be in a supervisory position again. I feel as though I know what I'm doing and I'm good at it. I'm glad to be able to use both counseling and teaching qualifications. And mostly, it feels good to be in a place where I feel as though I can grow in my career and not worry about possibly wanting to move out of state for one reason or another. I'm here until further notice and it feels good!

I haven't heard back yet about the interview on Friday, but I have a good feeling that it will work out. Hopefully, I will soon be working close to 30 hours per week and gaining some of those ever elusive hours for my counseling license. I have faith that these positions God has placed in my life will lead to where He's been guiding me to be for the past four years while I have been transitioning from a life in teaching to a counseling career. Let the adventure continue!


3 comments:

  1. This news makes my heart so happy! Congrats! Although we miss you here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so happy! Also, as promised, I am starting up my blog again soon...you'll be the first to know when my entry posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is indeed so faithful! Here's a little song quote for you from a worship band called Jesus Culture, "Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me!"

    ReplyDelete