Search This Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

here comes the sun...

Sometimes it's amazing how quickly things can change in just a few days. It was just Wednesday that I posted my last blog. It was only on Wednesday that I was worried about money and life and my future. And while obviously not all my questions have been answered, one has and sometimes (most times) that's enough of a reminder that God is still listening.

Here's the quick version of the story:

Tuesday, I had lunch with my friend Gina from high school. She said she would keep an eye out for jobs she saw I might be interested in and true to her word, she emailed me a few links to postings that night. I applied to both online and then called it a night.

Wednesday...well, you saw what Wednesday was like!

Thursday, I decided to spend time with my mom, sister, and niece and just forget about the whole job search thing. I needed a break from all the worry and stress of it all. Plus, it was obviously making me freak out about other areas in my life that I don't have answers too...that I may never have answers too. Anyway, Thursday was a great day. I left my phone upstairs and just relaxed with people I love. When I went to my room after dinner that night, I saw I had a message. It was from the HR lady for one of the jobs my friend Gina had forwarded me. It was after office hours, but I called her back anyway and left a message.

Friday, I kept my phone nearby all morning in case she called me back. She called right as I was about to start my run on the treadmill. She had some preliminary questions for me about the job to make sure I was ok with some of the details and then wanted to know if I would be available for an interview that afternoon! So I went over and the interview went really well. I felt very comfortable with both interviewees and I really felt like this was a job that I could do and that I would enjoy.

I had to work last night afterwards, but I had some time to kill so I walked around West Hartford before heading to the mall to work. After I parked, I noticed that I had a message. It was the HR lady wanting me to call her back. I did, and she said she had some questions for me. First, she wondered if I could start Monday. Yes! Then, she let me know that one of the supervisory positions for the program had recently opened up and they wanted to fill it in as soon as possible. She wondered if I was interested in that position instead. Since that was the job I had originally hoped to get in the first place, my answer was of course, yes!

I am very excited! This may not be the career job I was hoping for and I'm not sure if it will help me gain my hours for counseling licensure, but I am excited about this job nonetheless. It is an open door to a counseling organization and I will be working closely with the head of the Family Services part of the organization. There are other pieces to this story where I really felt like God worked in my life so immediately after having such a down day. I know it doesn't always work out like this and God sometimes has other plans that take much longer to come to fruition, but I know that this was His work and that He is good! Even if this didn't happen, God is still good, but sometimes, it's just nice to tangibly see God's goodness in my life!

If you're interested to know more about the job, here is the original job link:

http://jobs.careers.org/job/J8H0556HHTF6S9G7D5W/Part-Time-Site-Coordinator-and-Group-Leader

I interviewed for the Group Leader position but they offered me the Site Coordinator position.

That's all for now!

5 comments:

  1. yay!!!!!!! So happy for you! It was truly my pleasure to help you. Always willing to help where I can.
    <3 Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Gina. And the HR lady. 'Cause they got my dear friend a JOB! Woo hoo for that!

    ReplyDelete